The current youth unemployment rate in Australia is 13% – more than double the rest of Australia. Youth underemployment is currently 30%, with 40% of available jobs expected to be automated by technology over the next 10 years.
But there is something you can do. Young people wanting to work need industry exposure, work experience, mentoring and career development opportunities. There are at least 100 different ways you can give a young person a head start. Here’s just a few:
- Structured Workplace Learning;
- School Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship placements;
- hosting a workplace tour;
- sharing your career story at a local school; and
- giving a young person a job.
The opportunities for young people are everyone’s business. That means parents, schools, businesses and the community working together to give our young people a go.
So what are you waiting for? Contact us now and make a difference: